24 November 2008

so much to be thankful for!

COUNT YOUR BLESSINGS (Instead of Sheep)
(Irving Berlin) from the 1954 movie "White Christmas".
When I'm worried and I can't sleep/ I count my blessings instead of sheep/ And I fall asleep counting my blessings /
When my bankroll is getting small/ I think of when I had none at all/ And I fall asleep counting my blessings/
I think about a nursery and I picture curly heads/ And one by one I count them as they slumber in their beds/
If you're worried and you can't sleep/ Just count your blessings instead of sheep/ And you'll fall asleep counting your blessings /
I think about a nursery and I picture curly heads/ And one by one I count them as they slumber in their beds/ If you're worried and you can't sleep/ Just count your blessings instead of sheep/ And you'll fall asleep counting your blessings/

with much going on, it is very easy to get caught up in the despair of every situation. i wish i would sing this song to myself so much more, and be thankful for all that i have.. becasue the Lord has given me alot. so here is my list.. not in any real particular order.
1. for the Lord's mercy and love on a pitiful person like me:)
2. for Christ-believeing parents who support me even when i screw up (and i do that alot!)and pray for me.
3. for a sister who loves Jesus and is my best friend .
4. for friends who seek to be like Christ
5. for ht health of myslef and my family(that is alot right there!)
6. for a working car
7. for a job that i actually enjoy
8. for good grades
9. a beautiful home that God built :)
10.for living so close to the ocean AND the bay.
well you get the general idea. God is great!
what are you thankful for?

No comments: