24 November 2008

songs

the title of my blog is by the great band switchfoot, and if you know me, you know they are my favorite band for many reasons, but mostly becasue hte lyrics always seem to suit where i am. this is an old song from the learning to breathe album, which i rediscovered on our trip to colorado. i've had and still have alot of questions to god about where to go with my life and what is going on (!?!?!?!) but listening to this song reminds me of who i am , and underserving person, who God has given me new life through His grace and mercy. it humbles me when i think i deserve something... i most certainly derserve one thing, death, but Praise be to the Lord who gives us this amazing grace! so check out the song.. here are the lyrics. sorry idon't know how to upload music players and the like to my blog. i'm sure itunes has it!!

"Economy Of Mercy"
There's just two ways to lose yourself in this life/And neither way is safe/
In my dreams I see visions of the future/But today we have today/
And where will I find You?/
In the economy of mercy/I am a poor and begging man/In the currency of Grace/ Is where my song begins/In the colors of Your goodness/In the scars that mark your skin/In the currency of Grace/Is where my song begins/
These carbon shells/These fragile dusty frames/House canvases of souls/We are bruised and broken masterpieces/But we did not paint ourselves/
And where will I find You?/
Where was I when the world was made?/Where was I?/I'm lost without You here/Yes, I'm lost without You near me/I'm lost without You here/
You knew my name when the world was made

No comments: