11 March 2010

it's here!

i shouldn't say it yet, for fear of cursing it, but.....

can you hear it!?!


frogs are croaking away as i drive down the road.....

when i walk out to my car at 6.30am, one or two birds are welcoming the morning...

the wet earth smells rich from rest of winter and is ready to produce life....

i got to wear my bright royal blue trench jacket today...

and the fog... oh glorious, dense blue fog that rolled across the road tonight.
it crept up from the bay and ocean and followed me home.
(i am praying for a delay- because we have fog delays here on the shore. isn't it wonderful!)

yes, my friends, spring is making its slow appearance this week. the first sign is the frogs.


another wonderful note about my drive home from berlin.
i drove through downtown berlin, past rayne's reef. the little diner was lit up and lots of people were inside chatting and talking, eating rayne's wonderful burgers. tuesdays are half price burgers. i don't like eating cow. its makes me sad, but rayne's bugers are THE BEST you have ever eaten. better then in and out. uh huh, thats right, i said it. better then in and out.

yumm.... i'm hungry.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've HEARD it! I think it's here! The peepers aren't just peeping-they seem to be rejoicing... knowing that their bellies will be full of mosquitoes b/c of all the rain. The hoot owl has been calling for a mate for several weeks now. We saw daffodils in bloom today on a our Sunshine walk. (Sadness: I don't own a bright royal blue trench coat. I don;t own any raincoat actually. I washed my lime green one last year and that was the end of it:-(

Rae said...

owls!!!! you heard owls!!!! oooo i haven't heard them yet!